With support from the U.S. Embassy in San Jose, this project will strengthen transparency and open government in Costa Rica through effective and sustainable mechanisms of collaboration between government and civil society. Results will include greater capacity and collaboration of civil society, media, the private sector and government on transparency and accountability and better use of government data for oversight. As a result, the government will be stronger, more capable and accountable; collaborate more effectively with civil society, the media and the private sector; and provide information needed to insure government integrity and accountability.
The objectives of this project are:
- Promote new legal frameworks for transparency and access to public information;
- Strengthen government-civil society dialogue to improve transparency and e-government;
- Empower civil society participation in cooperative initiatives with government to promote transparency and accountability, by providing twelve small grants fund for civil society to engage with public actors in innovative Open Government projects.
- Forum: “The Private Sector as Strategic Partner for Open Government”
- Know about the Open Government initiatives financed in Costa Rica